An Investment Banking Firm - Leading Change
Virtual Team: Global
Need: To create and implement a growth strategy that would align and inspire a high performance culture.
- To create a strategy that clarifies and aligns objectives to a common vision
- To engage the hearts and minds of the executive team in the change vision
- To build trust and alignment within the executive team
- To prepare the team for the broad based implementation of the change within the firm
- To develop a constructive, values-based, leadership dynamic.
Working as strategic partners, we employed various methods to create the strategy as well as to support the implementation of the ensuing plan i.e.:
- firm wide engagement and input
- Design & facilitation of an executive team strategy offsite
- Creation of change management (communication and learning) plans to support the change agenda
- Design and implementation of tools/ skills workshops
The Executive/leadership development agenda included:
- 1:1 executive coaching utilising sophisticated 360 degree feedback instruments. This coaching allowed for self awareness as well as invaluable information gathering about perceptions.
- Team offsite to value differences, resolve conflict and develop a constructive approach. Ultimately to build trust and alignment.
- High potential 'task orientated' (managers and executives) developed leadership effectiveness to become constructive people leaders. This role modelling inspired development and achievement in others.
- Firm wide alignment towards the achievement of the Strategic imperatives.
- A common language and framework for managing projects and performance
- Alignment and direction of the leadership team
- Improved communication firm-wide
- Improved trust and teamwork and motivation within the executive team
- Improved efficiency