Here are some common examples of executive dilemmas we hear about in our coaching sessions:
- I wish I could trust people to deliver what they say they will : to quality, to deadline, to budget etc I feel that I must manage performance to ensure results are achieved.
- I spend most of my time problem solving, reacting to situations internally.
- In my organisation people don't challenge or speak up when it's important to do so. This is cultural and it's fear based. It's frustrating because the decisions we make and overall productivity can suffer as a result. It also damages trust. Are people agreeing with me because its the best idea or because I'm the boss?
- I don't feel prepared to deal with what is hitting me today. The pace of change and complexity, sometimes it's so overwhelming and I don't know what to do.
- I want to make a difference. To give something back to the world. I'm a high achiever but I'm not happy.
- Finding meaning in my work gets lost in day to day life. I want to be having more meaningful conversations in my work.
- Strategic thinking, Creativity and learning take a back seat. We have no time or budget.
The list goes on, no doubt you can add your own.
We work as strategic partners to our leaders and executives through such dilemmas by promoting a conscious evolution toward a more effective way of leading.
Leadership effectiveness is directly correlated to organisational performance as well as happiness at work.
EVOLVE Your Leadership Effectiveness:
Creative development focuses on strategic thinking, achieving results, inspiring and developing others, leading with vision and acting with integrity. Leadership is a complex mix of competency and emotional intelligence.
Ethical quest uses the latest global approaches such as The Leadership Circle tools to develop executives and organisational cultures.
Leadership Circle Profile™ is the only competency based 360° profile that measures two primary leadership domains—Creative leadership competencies and Reactive tendencies. It then integrates the information so that the key opportunities for development immediately rise to the surface. Unlike most assessments that measure only competencies, Leadership Circle Profile reveals to leaders and managers what they are doing, why they are doing it, and what actions they can take to lift their leadership to a higher level
Life styles Inventory profile - Beyond Emotional Intelligence:
The LSI assesses and provides feedback on thinking and behavioral patterns that people can change to develop themselves along multiple dimensions, including their ability to understand and manage their emotions.
As one of Human Synergistics International’s first assessments, the LSI has helped millions of individuals gain self-awareness as well as an understanding of the relationship between personal, management, and leadership styles and effectiveness. Years of research using thousands of data points demonstrates that LSI styles are related to various indicators of individual effectiveness, including quality of interpersonal relations, openness to feedback, stress, salary, and organizational level.
The LSI specifically provides participants with feedback on Self (LSI 1) and Others’ (LSI 2) reports on personal orientations (Constructive, Passive/Defensive, and Aggressive/Defensive) and 12 specific thinking and behavioral styles associated with these orientations. Results are plotted on the Circumplex, which is normed against 14,000 individuals.
For an enterprise to grow and evolve, so too must its leadership. We focus on both the inner and outer aspect of leadership. The new brand of leader needs to be adaptable, act with integrity and be ready to embrace change without fear of the unknown – and all of these qualities are stimulated from within.
Inner Development – Transforming values into reality
Effective leaders are developed from the inside-out. Focusing purely on external elements alone produces short lived results. Inner leadership is driven by self awareness of habitual was of thinking and acting and developing these with strategic purpose.
Our programmes and coaching are designed to help individuals and organisations to become clear about their values and then to translate those values into behaviour by focusing on:
- Identification of leadership strengths and development opportunities.
- Isolation and elimination of barriers to personal performance which may be internal or external/systemic.
- A shift of perspective from reactive thinking to adaptable, creative and proactive leadership consciousness.
- Achieving results that are sustainable, purposeful and strategic.
Ethical Quest work with you to:
- Build visionary and strategic leadership competences
- Build trust and constructive relationships
- Act decisively and confidently
- Generate sustainable results through change efforts
- Improve employee productivity and morale
- Obtain a fresh outlook that will empower you to meet new business challenges with enthusiasm, creativity and ease
- Build emotional resilience, adapting to your changing demands
- Free yourself from stress and attain work-life balance
- Develop a skill set that will extend beyond your professional life and strengthen your relationships with friends and family
- Maximise your leadership effectiveness.
Whether you need to direct change in your organisation, motivate, inspire or problem solve, our programmes and training will leave you with a fresh outlook that drives positive sustainable transformation.
Contact us and find out how we can help you, your team, or your organisation!
What our clients say
"Vicki Townsley is a very talented, committed and inspirational practitioner in the arenas of leadership development, culture change and personal development. Vicki is brilliant to work with – she brings huge drive, creativity, and deep knowledge of process and theory to her work. She is also is a gifted communicator – particularly in her use of story, imagery and music to connect with people both intellectually and emotionally. As Learning and Development Manager at Television New Zealand I engaged Vicki to design and deliver a Leadership + Management Development Programme that would enable participants to make significant shifts in their capability as leaders and managers and to achieve significant business and personal goals. Vicki was fantastic – her instructional design methodology, stakeholder engagement, one-on-one coaching and group facilitation was spot on. I would recommend Vicki to anyone looking to get more from themselves, their team and business in general."
Caroline Spencer, Learning & Development Specialist (Leadership Development), New Zealand Post
A Case Study
In an Investment Banking firm we worked with, we helped the organisation move from a 'can-do' attitude and approval orientation towards confidence in execution. Evident gaps in trust with senior management were identified and steps could be taken to bring the team into alignment.See the full Case Study
From Our Blog
How is it possible that an organisation could not know about its own leader/s struggling with depres...
"Know thyself" these words, attributed to Socrates were inscribed on the Temple of Delphi over 2000 ...
How should we manage relationships with 'authority figures' whether it be it direct reporting line or a 'dotted' line?
Whilst performance targets are usually clearly discussed and documented what about the undocumented ...